Skip to content

WIP: Ground Gundam, War of the Seams 2

August 11, 2007

Ok, so this is the first time I do some sort of modifications to a kit, adding battle damage, extra armor, added details etc. So I am learning a few lessons, the most important one is that you need to plan really well. I have gone back and forth with the backpack frame mods, but it is finally taking some shape.

As you can see, the lights are gone and the smoke dischargers too, although they will be added again, they fell off after trying to sand the seam lines that were so terrible that I ended up adding some plastic sheet to cover them, after I got tired of sanding. I have also bad seams on the gun barrel and part of the torso, I really think the fit of the kit suffered from something, maybe heat, who knows. I also blame my bad seams on liquid cement, it’s the first time I use it and it hasn’t given me good results when it comes to gap filling. We’ll see how this one turns out.

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. August 29, 2007 8:59 am

    Great work on this. Don’t worry…seams are supposed to be hard.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: