Skip to content

WIP: Stuka zu Fuß almost ready for paint.

February 9, 2008

It’s been a while since the last update. I’ve had lots of work travel and that has not left me with much modeling time. I picked up the kit after about a month and finished the structure that holds the rockets. These have optional photoetch and I decided to use it. It took a while since it is the second time I try photoetch (no folding this time though).

After reviewing some references, this vehicle had to vertical bars in the front used as a rudimentary sight for the driver to orient the vehicle towards the objective. These are missing from the kit so I scratchbuilt them from leftover photoetch and styrene. I couldn’t find any measurements for this, so I just made some that looked like those in the pictures.

I also added the tracks, made of Dragon styrene, very easy to work with.

Finally some shots of the base I am going to put this on. I designed it in Solidworks and printed it in the 3D printer at work.

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. February 18, 2008 4:57 pm

    I hope I get to see this one when you bring it in! Looks great so far!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: