Skip to content

WIP: Macross Valkyrie VF-1S

September 17, 2008

I continue to build this model and continue to find things to fix. There is a pretty big gap between the fuselage and the canopy, so I decided to add a thin styrene sheet in the back of the cockpit to compensate and then sand it smooth. Lost some panel lines in the process and I probably won’t rescribe. I decided on a color scheme, going off white and red (who paints combat aircraft white anyway). I painted some of the subassemblies but to my surprise, Tamiya masking tape left residues on my painted boosters and now will need to get fixed. These are very nice models but definately too time consuming, Hasegawa continues to unimpress.

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. September 19, 2008 12:16 pm

    It’s a great looking jet!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: