Skip to content

WIP: Macross Valkyrie VF-1S ready for decals.

October 5, 2008

A lot of things have happened since the last update. I had to repaint the model given the fact that the paint had flaked off in certain places and was not smooth. I lost the back of the seat in the process of stripping the paint but got a replacement due to the kindness of a modeler at Macrossworld.com.

I finally have a decent base coat that has been sealed with a few coats of Future floor polish (this was another real painful thing – I must either start using a modeling clear coat or learn the trick to airbrush Future with better results). Since I replaced the back of the seat I decided to add seatbelts, made with masking tape and left over photoetch parts. Now the model is ready for the (many) decals.

Advertisements
3 Comments leave one →
  1. GMobile permalink
    October 8, 2008 2:36 pm

    Nice cockpit. I would go blind painting that!

  2. October 15, 2008 11:11 am

    Nice cockpit detail!

  3. October 17, 2008 12:07 pm

    Thanks guys! Hope all is well in Brooklyn.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: