Skip to content

WIP: Macross VF-1S almost done.

December 8, 2008

After many problems with paint and decals I have finally reached the final stages of this model, which has taken me about6 months of work, probably the longest I have worked on a model so far and I am not done yet. The panel lining was very tedious and I didn’t do the underside since it can’t be seen. I used a mechanical pencil, sharpening the lead every one or two lines. This technique is very easy and forgives mistakes, which you can erase. The downside is that it requires a clear flat coat before and after. Very weird thing is that the Tamiya clear coat I used attacked Tamiya paints (most noticeable in the black paint) – go figure. Left to do are the landing gears, the landing gear doors and some details, then some weathering to hide some mistakes 🙂 So far I am not satisfied but this is the first aircraft model I build seriously, and my first aicraft kit in maybe 10 years, so it was all good learning experience.

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. December 8, 2008 4:54 pm

    That looks great. Jets are hard, but you did an impressive job on your first!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: